Paris metro line 10 map
Beware of Pickpockets
Pickpockets are unfortunately very well implemented on the Parisian metro network. Around 100 new snatching cases are held by the police in Paris every day. That doesn’t mean that you should be worried nor avoid taking the metro, but you should be extremely careful, more than you usually are. Having a wallet or a phone stolen while traveling on a metro line in Paris without noticing it on the moment, is something that happens many times a day, so you should take your precautions to not be the next victim. The parisian police highly recommends to travel with anti-theft bags. Those bags are manufactured in a way that it makes it very different to open them quickly to take what is inside. Therefore, it is extremely difficult for the pickpockets to deal with those bags. Different sizes are available, from the backbags (available here), to the handbags (here is how it looks like) or shoulder bags (example here).
Paris Metro 10
Line 10 of the parisian metro connects the city of Boulogne-Billancourt in the southwest of Paris, to the train station Gare d’Austerlitz, through the classy 16th Arrondissement.
With 45,000,000 passengers every year, it is the less-used metro line of the parisian network, after extension lines 3 bis and 7 bis.
Tourist attractions on Paris metro line 10
Paris metro 10 is not a very useful line for tourists. However, a couple of interesting sites are located there.
- La Sorbonne public research university is located close to metro station station Cluny – La Sorbonne.
- The Parc des Princes, stadium hosting Paris Saint-Germain football team, is served by station Porte d’Auteuil.
Paris metro line 10 stations
The main utility of line 10 of the metro of Paris is to allow passengers to reach Paris from the southwest suburbs of the French capital. There are therfore not that many major stations on the line.
- Porte d’Auteuil : The stadium of Paris Saint-Germain football team is located at walking distance from the metro station. UEFA Champions League home games of PSG are played there.
- Odéon is located on the beautiful Saint-Germain Boulevard. You can visit there the Odéon theatre, one of the 6 national theatres in France, where The Marriage of Figaro was played for the first time.
- Cluny – La Sorbonne station serves La Sorbonne university, famous for its political science studies.
- Gare d’Austerlitz metro station is connected to the train station of the same name, where you can take a train to the southwest of France, to Bordeaux in particular.
Paris metro line 10 is connected to the following metro lines
- Metro 9 at Michel-Ange Molitor and Michel-Ange Auteuil.
- RER C at Javel – André Citroen.
- Metro 6 and metro 8 at La Motte-Piquet Grenelle.
- Metro 13 at Duroc.
- Metro 12 at Sevres – Babylone.
- Metro 4 at Odéon.
- RER B and RER C at Cluny – La Sorbonne.
- Metro 7 at Jussieu.
- Metro 5 and RER C at Gare d’Austerlitz.
The price of a metro ticket is 1,90€. T-ticket is valid for 1 journey between 2 stations only, you cannot use it again after exiting the metro of Paris. You can find more details on the website of RATP.
If you plan to use the metro and RER more than once a day, it might be a better idea to buy The Paris Pass. You will have unlimited access to the bus, metro and RER network within Paris. The Paris Pass also includes entrance to the Louvre Museum, the Palace of Versailles, the Arc de Triomphe and many other monuments and attractions in Paris.
TIP : Use FEB18 Code and get 5% Off all Passes on The Paris Pass.
Paris metro line 10 timetable
Paris metro 10 runs every day of the week including saturdays and sundays. It runs every 2 to 10 minutes on weekdays, and every 4 to 12 minutes on weekends.
The first metro leaves station Gare d’Austerlitz at 5:30 and station Boulogne – Pont de Saint-Cloud at 5:35 every day, including weekends.
The last metro leaves station Boulogne – Pont de Saint-Cloud at 0:47 every day during the week and at 1:47 on saturdays and sundays, and station Gare d’Austerlitz at 0:41 on weekdays, and at 1:41 on weekends.
If you are still unsure about something, you can post your questions here.